I was so nervous going to the Doctors today. It was my first actual visit and I hadnt heard the babys heart beat since 10 weeks ago at my 10 week mark. I woke up this morning and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I had a panic attack. My whole body went numb and I got dizzy. I was freaking out. What if I go and they tell me that the babys heart stopped like it had in my previous pregnancy?
I get into the doctors and I do my pee test ,the blood pressure , etc.... Then the nurse throws the fetal scope think up on my belly and I hear the heart. Instantly I am relieved. 160 beats per minute. That puts the heart rate consistent with the first measurement they did 10 weeks prior. I honestly got so excited that I got teary eyed. I felt bad that Jason didn't get to be in the room to hear it.
Anyway we were set on seeing the baby on the ultrasound today and finding out the sex. But guess what? They don't do theirs in the office. They send you into St. Josephs to get it done. So I have to wait till Mon-Weds (they are making the appointment and then they are going to call me) to actually see the baby.
We are still hoping for a girl but if we have a boy we will be just as happy. As my brother put it. All I can really ask for is 10 fingers , ten toes , and no helmet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment