Tuesday, June 5, 2007

PHEW!

For the past week I have been playing a cat and mouse game with this guy from the Health Department. Why he was calling be I wasn't sure. And to tell you the truth I thought nothing of it until I talked to my mom about it.

I went out shopping with mom and received a message on my phone once again from Marty, the guy at the HD. I told my mom I wasn't sure what was going on but he had been trying to contact me like crazy. She got concerned and informed me that the Health Department usually doesn't contact you unless you have come in contact with some kind of something IE: AIDS , Hep , TB etc... So I started freaking out thinking the worst.

Well I finally got a hold of him today. I wasn't aware of it , but the health department makes calls to woman on medi-cal to make sure that everything is going well with the whole situation. Now this is where it gets interesting. He asked me if I was taking advantage of WIC. I told him that the woman at the welfare office had in fact informed me that I was not eligible for WIC until I was 6 months pregnant. Marty couldn't believe what I was telling him. But I kid you not, that is in fact what they told me. I had someone else there with me when they told me that. Anyway I couldn't believe it when they had informed me of it and I probably should have questioned a supervisor at that time. But I didn't. I could have been getting much needed WIC for the past 10 weeks. Do you have to be Mexican or Black in order to get adequate information through welfare? I really don't understand it. Oh well! I will have to go wait forever to receive that now. Oh Joy!

No comments: