Thursday, May 10, 2007

16 weeks


Today marks 16 weeks and 3 days. The baby is around 4 ½ inches long (from head to bottom) and weights in at around 3 ½ ounces. S/he is about the size of an avocado. I am showing a little bit but not to the point where people who didn’t know me would recognize that I am pregnant. Thanks to the layers of fat that I originally had around my gut , I don’t look like a normal pregnant woman.

For the last couple weeks I have felt some stretching going on. My stomach began to itch and it keeps getting more and more itchy as the days go on. So in the next couple of weeks here it should become more evident to strangers passing by that I’m not just fat… I am pregnant. I have been feeling different things going on inside my belly. Not exactly sure of what it all is because this pregnancy thing is all new to me. I have always been able to feel things that are going on with my woman parts. Sometimes I could even feel my self ovulating. So I believe I am a little more in tune with my body and it’s functions then most first time moms. I have felt movement here and there but nothing significant. Two days ago I was standing in line at the Albertsons getting my mom some cottage cheese when I felt it. For sure this was the baby moving. It felt kind of like butterflies fluttering around. It’s exciting when you finally feel it and are sure of what it is. I can’t wait till it is more frequent!

No comments: