Monday, May 7, 2007

Medi-cal

I am really starting to get pissed off! I had to apply for medi-cal because I have not been able to get a job. I understand that it takes some time for Medi-cal to get all the paperwork together to approve or deny you. But it has been 5 weeks since I had applied and still nothing.

I am 16 weeks pregnant as of today and I have yet to see a Dr. In the first trimester you are supposed to get your initial blood test which tests for diseases and other factors that can potentially harm your baby if not treated. This test is supposed to be ran at your first visit at around 7 weeks. I should have seen a Dr. already at least 4 times seeing I am ending my 4th month here. It is complete bullshit!

Whiles I was in the welfare office waiting to talk to my case worker about getting on Medi-cal, I was reading a lot of papers. In those papers they stressed the issue of being seen by a Dr. immediately upon finding out that you are pregnant. So why the hell does it take so long to get on Medi-cal?

All I have to say is this. If you are applying for medi-cal , make sure you apply for the emergency medical. They ask you if you have an emergency and need to see a dr. right away. Make something up! Otherwise you will be waiting approximitly 45 days from the date you apply to see a Dr. By the time I see a Dr. I will be 4 ½ months pregnant or more. That means I will be halfway through my pregnancy. BULLSHIT I tell you!

No comments: