Soup, salad, and bread sticks! Olive Garden was becoming my best friend! In my first trimester there wasn't very many foods that would sit well with me! Foods that I was able to keep down would make me feel sick and some foods all together I couldn't get near. Peanut butter would almost instantly make me yack! Red meat, don't even have it in the same room as me! To be on the safe side I could eat the soup, salad, bread sticks, and sandwiches. I honestly think that I threw more food up exorcist style then what I kept in my system those 3 months.
I was starting to think that the strong smells that were accompanied by food and such would never go away. As soon as I became pregnant it was like my nose because "Super Nose"! I could smell things from miles away. And it wasn't a good thing. Smells that are very powerful tend to have bad affects. Especially when you can't stand the smells to begin with. Someone could take their shoes off in the next room and I would instantly smell it and throw up. Man was it horrible!
So far in my second trimester, this affliction seems to steadily be subsiding! The other night , for the first time since I had gotten pregnant, I was able to eat a cheeseburger without getting sick. On any normal day .. I love cheeseburgers! I can't seem to get enough of them. But since I found out I was pregnant, just the word hamburger made me feel sick. And the smell of cooking meat all together. Oh man it turned my stomach! Yesterday I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and not only did it taste delicious, it didn't make me feel sick. So I ripped into a peanut butter and honey sandwich next! YES! I am finally getting to eat the things I love once again!
Whiles I love Olive Garden, it tends to get old when that is all you can eat. I am excited that my list of foods I can eat are steadily growing. It gets frustrating when you are hungry and can't keep your food down! Not to mention your body isn't getting all the nutrition it needs to keep baby healthy when everything you eat comes right back up. I'm telling you, if someone were to invent something that could make a pregger momma not so sensative to smells ....S/he would make a killing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment