Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Human Pin Cushion

I went to the Dr. last Thursday to do my Glucose screening. Well I received a call yesterday saying that my glucose levels were a tad bit high and that they needed me to come in today to get the glucose tolerance test. So I can't eat from midnight till the test is finished. And the test last three hours.

I come home in the morning to shower and get dressed. Oh wow I can't go in my room because Randy is asleep in my bed. So I end up wearing my dirty cloths from yesterday. I'm hungry and thirsty and I can't have anything. How suck ass! So I get to the Dr's at 8am just in time to sit for a half hour before they draw blood.

Finally they call me back and stick me with the needle. Then they hand me a bottle similar to the one I drank a few days prior only it was double the glucose. It was like drinking melted down sugar. It was disgusting. So I go in the waiting room and start to read. And just in time for me to start dozing off, they call me back for the second draw.

All together today I had my blood drawn 4 times in a 3 hour period. Mind you they could only draw from one arm because I have a fungus on my other arm. So now I have this nasty looking fungus on one arm... and my other arm looks like that of a druggies. It's quite attractive. So now for the time being... my name is now Human Pin Cushion.

No comments: